Join the Official Training Program of the Queen Bee
We couldn't be more excited for this great Cincinnati event! Participants can expect the very best in training along with many great social, shopping, and educational opportunities throughout. The Queen Bee is quickly earning a name for it's light hearted, lady oriented and vibrant theme and our training program will carry along those same qualities as we prepare our group for race day!
As the Official Training Program Partner of the Queen Bee, we offer training for BOTH the Queen Bee Half Marathon and the Queen Bee 4 Mile. This means that whether you are going for a half marathon PR or just focusing on finishing your first 4 mile, we'll have a program, coaches, and group for you!
And with our partners at the Queen Bee and Asics (major sponsor of the Queen Bee and Flying Pig) we are in a position to provide this group with the most exclusive and exciting opportunities as we prepare for the race! And we can't wait to share these experiences with the fantastic ladies of the Cincinnati running community! There is no doubt that members of our group will receive the Royal Treatment (that no one else can provide) from day one of training all the way through race day!
First Workout/Kick Off:
- Saturday, July 6, 2019 at 7:00 AM will be our optional 5K Time Trial our half marathon participants at Summit Park.
- Saturday, July 6, 2019 at 7:30 AM will be our first official Saturday group workout for our 4 Mile participants at Summit Park. We will start with a brief Info Session & end with the groups Magic Mile.
- First Workout/Kick Off will be on Tuesday, July 9th & Wednesday, July 10th
Weekly Group Training Schedule:
- Up to 5 weekly group training options:
- Tuesday 6:30 PM in Blue Ash
- Wednesday 6:30 PM in Oakley
- Wednesday 6:30PM in West Chester
- Saturday 7:00 AM for half participants and 7:30 AM for 4 Mile participants at Blue Ash, Oakley & West Chester locations - you're choice
- Sunday 7:00AM from a variety of local coffee shops with our long time running Fleet Feet Sunday Runners Group (this is a perfect long run make up option). Click here for more info to be added to the Sunday Runners weekly email list. *Note this run does not include Pace Group Leaders and is a bit more casual by nature - but still a great time!
Of course we will also provide the full workout schedule for all non-group training days so that you can keep your weekly mileage in rhythm.
Program Duration & Goal Race:
- 14 weeks to Queen Bee 1/2 Marathon: Saturday, October 12th. (participants can continue on after Queen Bee through Columbus Marathon for a total of 15 training weeks)
- 14 week to Queen Bee 4 Mile: Saturday, October 12th.
- (note: schedules available for other fall goal races upon request)
- $10 Alumni Discount to those who trained with Fleet Feet for the 2019 Flying Pig.
What You Get:
- Up to 4 fully supported weekly group runs and walks with Pace Group Leaders (on road support) and Head Coaches
- Fully supported routes with weekly turn-by-turn route cards and map at the store as well as sport drink and/or water aid stations longer Saturday routes
- $20 Gift Card for anything at Fleet Feet
- Fun social events and Asics gear demos - our training group sponsor!
- Weekly email newsletter with all necessary training information, videos, coaching tips, exclusive events and shopping opportunities
- Scannable team key card for weekly check in and out safety
- Saturday post workout coffee
- Weekday post workout happy hours several weeks
- Direct access to Oxford Physical Therapy including free injury prevention or treatment screenings scheduled throughout the program
- MOST IMPORTANTLY being in a group where you will be known by name, treated like family and looked after by people who are truly invested in your success and happiness. We're your new training family!
Premium Race Amenities:
As the Official Training Partner of the Queen Bee our participants will enjoy many perks along the way that will be exclusive to this group!
- Access to Exclusive Queen Bee merchandise
- The "Best Available" Race Entry Discount Code
- Special Queen Bee and Asics prizes and gifts throughout training
- Covered group meeting spot near the start line race morning
- Secure bag drop to keep your pre and post race items safe
- Post race celebration area complete with food, drink, snacks (much much more than the usual post-race banana :)
Blue Ash: Tuesdays 6:30PM & Saturdays 7:00AM for half marathon participants and 7:30 AM for Four Mile participants & Oakley: Wednesday 6:30PM & Saturdays 7:00AM for half marathon participants and 7:30 AM for 4 Mile participants
Queen Bee Half Marathon and 4 Miler
As the OFFICIAL Training Partner of the Queen Bee we are excited for year four of this great Cincinnati event! Participants can expect the very best in training along with many great social, shopping, and educational opportunities throughout. The Queen Bee is quickly earning a name for it's light hearted, lady oriented and vibrant theme and our training program will carry along those same qualities as we prepare our group for race day!