Join the Official Training Program of the Queen Bee
We couldn't be more excited for year three of this great Cincinnati event! Participants can expect the very best in training along with many great social, shopping, and educational opportunities throughout. The Queen Bee is quickly earning a name for it's light hearted, lady oriented and vibrant theme and our training program will carry along those same qualities as we prepare our group for race day!
And with our partners at the Queen Bee and Asics (major sponsor of the Queen Bee and Flying Pig) we are in a position to provide this group with the most exclusive and exciting opportunities as we prepare for the race! And we can't wait to share these experiences with the fantastic ladies of the Cincinnati running community! There is no doubt that members of our group will receive the Royal Treatment (that no one else can provide) from day one of training all the way through race day! If you are interested in training for the Queen Bee 4 Mile, check out our No Boundaries 2.0 Training Program.
As always training will be offered in both Blue Ash and Oakley locations with a Head Coach and Pace Group Leader Team.
NEW Kick Off &"Packet Pick Up"
- Blue Ash: Tuesday, July 5th: Come anytime between 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- Oakley: Wednesday, July 6th: Come anytime between 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- Come to whichever location you will be training out of. This year we will be holding an "expo" style kick off with your sponsors, coaches, and other important info you need - plus an awesome goodie bag full of stuff you'll want!
- Saturday, July 2nd at 8:00 AM we will hold an OPTIONAL 5K Time Trial. This is for whoever would like guidance on which pace group to train with. You will complete a 5k distance to the best of your ability and we will suggest a pace group for you! The time trial will be at Summit Park in Blue Ash.
- Saturday, July 9th at 7:00 AM will be our first official Saturday group run and walk.
Weekly Group Training Schedule by Location:
- Blue Ash: Tuesdays 6:30PM & Saturdays 7:00AM
- Oakley: Wednesday 6:30PM & Saturdays 7:00AM
- Note - You are welcome to join both weekday trainings as well as Saturday for 3 weekly group workouts.
- NEW - We are now offering weekday morning workouts in both locations! These are STROLLER & DOG friendly and will be supported with a water stop and routes, but NO pace group leaders.
Blue Ash: Tuesdays 9:00AM
Oakley: Wednesdays: 9:00AM
Program Duration & Goal Race:
- 14 weeks to Queen Bee 1/2 Marathon: Saturday, October 8th. (participants can continue on after Queen Bee through Columbus Marathon for a total of 15 training weeks)
- (note: schedules available for other fall goal races upon request)
- $10 Alumni Discount to those who trained with Fleet Feet for the 2016 Flying Pig. You have access to this promo code in your final PIG newsletter.
- Receive a $15 SpeedPlay Coupon Code when SpeedPlay registration opens. SpeedPlay is the perfect compliment to fall distance training! Fall SpeedPlay will start in August 2016.
What You Get:
- Up to 3 fully supported weekly group runs and walks with Pace Group Leaders (on road support) and a Head Coach
- Fully supported routes with weekly turn-by-turn route cards and map at the store as well as sport drink and/or water aid stations longer Saturday routes
- Team Fleet Feet Sports Asics Long Sleeve Tech Tee - to wear with pride during training!
- $25 Gift Card for anything Asics at Fleet Feet Sports
- Fun social events and Asics gear demos - our training group sponsor!
- Weekly email newsletter with all necessary training information, videos, coaching tips, exclusive events and shopping opportunities
- Scannable team key card for weekly check in and out safety
- Saturday post workout coffee on some Saturdays
- Weekday post workout happy hours several weeks
- Direct access to Oxford Physical Therapy including free injury prevention or treatment screenings scheduled throughout the program
- Pre-race strategy session with Head coach
- MOST IMPORTANTLY being in a group where you will be known by name, treated like family and looked after by people who are truly invested in your success and happiness. We're your new training family!
Premium Race Amenities:
As the Official Training Partner of the Queen Bee our participants will enjoy many perks along the way that will be exclusive to this group!
- Access to Exclusive Queen Bee merchandise
- The "Best Available" Race Entry Discount Code
- Special Queen Bee and Asics prizes and gifts throughout training
- Pre-Race Meeting with the Race Director Q&A Session at Fleet Feet Sports
- Covered group meeting spot near the start line race morning
- Locked and secure bag drop to keep your pre and post race items safe
- Post race celebration area complete with food, drink, snacks (much much more than the usual post-race banana :)
Tuesday, July 5th 6:30PM
Blue Ash: Tuesdays 6:30PM & Saturdays 7:00AM & Oakley: Wednesday 6:30PM & Saturdays 7:00AM
Queen Bee Half Marathon
As the OFFICIAL Training Partner of the Queen Bee we are excited for year three of this great Cincinnati event! Participants can expect the very best in training along with many great social, shopping, and educational opportunities throughout. The Queen Bee is quickly earning a name for it's light hearted, lady oriented and vibrant theme and our training program will carry along those same qualities as we prepare our group for race day!