Welcome to FIT4Life
Because we believe, Running Changes Everything!
If you're new to the sport and are simply looking to learn the best training practices and workout with a fun group that will train you to get across the finish line, we're the group for you. And if you're a seasoned runner who can complete a 5K or 10K already, we're here to help you improve on your time and performance with a structured and organized training plan within our super fun group. So whatever your goals, experience level or pace, our twice-annual 5K and 10K has got you covered!
Two Sessions to Choose from in 2019
- Spring (January - May) Heart Mini 5K & Flying Pig 5K or 10K - REGISTER HERE
- Fall (July - October) Queen Bee 4-Miler (Begins July, 2019)
Our Beginner Training Program is designed for people who are currently in-active or new to walking or running OR people who are currently runners and would like to improve their 5K or 10K performance. This program is a 14 to 16 week training program (depending on the season) that includes a weekly workout schedule as well as twice a week group training, which is the fun part! Your head coach, mentor for YOUR pace of walking or running, and new friends, will make this program a fun challenge! We not only help you build your strength and endurance, but your confidence and knowledge to continue your running career!
While we offer this program twice each year we have many participants who come back for more sessions or "graduate" on to some of our other programs like half or full marathons.
Although the workouts are different, the beginner participants are part of our spring and fall marathon and half training programs and will enjoy all of the same perks, benefits, discounts and fun events as every one else! To us, it's not how fast or far you walk or run, it's that you're getting out there and making it happen! Check out all of the fun perks you'll get along the way!
Spring 2019 Session Details
- Progressive weekly training schedule to follow, distributed in three 5-week training phases, each with a very specific training focus. Each week building upon the last - slow, steady and consistent - achievable for everyone!
- Weeks 1-5: Base & Pace - these weeks are designed for you to establish your training routine & develop consistency in your training schedule.
- Weeks 6-10: Build & Strengthen - these weeks we will begin to focus a bit more on strength training and strength education
- Weeks 11-14: Sharpen & Lengthen - these weeks we will hone in on everything that we've learned and implemented into training so far
- Weeks 15-16: Recover & Race Prep - the last few weeks of training are dedicated to rest, race planning & reflecting on your journey so far
- 2019 Training Kicks Off on Saturday, January 5 @ 8 am at Summit Park with a Magic Mile to determine training pace groups.
- Followed by Gear Up Events on Tuesday, January 8th in Blue Ash & Wednesday, January 9th in Oakley at 6:30 pm.
- These Gear Up Events are NOT workouts but are super informative and great energy! You will meet your Mentor & other members of your pace group. Plus you will leave with all of your training swag.
- First Official Group Workouts are Saturday, January 12th in Blue Ash and Oakley.
- Up to 3 fully supported weekly workouts with the Mentors & Head Coach
- Tuesdays @ 6:30 pm at the Blue Ash location
- Wednesdays @ 6:30 pm at the Oakley location
- Saturdays @ 7:30 am at both locations -- your choice!
- Tuesday & Wednesday evening workouts will begin with 10-15 minutes of strength training followed by our run and walk
- Saturday morning workouts will begin with a 10-15 minute Educational Session
- Weekly email newsletters with all the necessary training information, coaching tips, exclusive events & more.
- Complete access to Oxford Physical Therapy, our trusted medical partners, for FREE pre-training injury prevention screens and throughout training.
- Most importantly being in a group where you will be known by name, treated like family and looked after by people who are truly invested in your success and happiness.
Still unsure on this program is a good FIT4You? Join us at one of our "Everything You Need to Know" information sessions to learn more prior to the session beginning. Those will be held on the following days:
- Tuesday, December 4 @ 6:30PM at the Blue Ash location
- Saturday, December 8 @ 8:30AM at the Blue Ash location
- Wednesday, December 12 @ 6:30PM at the Oakley location
- Saturday, December 15 @ 8:30AM at the Oakley location
Become a Mentor
Our graduates also make GREAT Mentors! If you have done at least two 5Ks, and are interested in helping others cross the finish line of a 5K, mentoring could be a great fit for you. CLICK HERE to learn more about what being a mentor entails, and to fill out an application.
Program Start: January 2019
Program Fee: $150
Description: FIT4Life! If you're new to the sport and are simply looking to learn the best training practices and workout with a fun group that will train you to get across the finish line, we're the group for you. And if you're a seasoned runner who can complete a 5K or 10K already, we're here to help you improve on your time and performance with a structured and organized training plan within our super fun group. So whatever your goals, experience level or pace, our twice-annual 5K and 10K has got you covered!